Ca' del Sol is located at the second floor of the historical Palazzo Zamberletti, in the ancient heart of Cagliari city, the capital of Sardinia. The perfect location for discovering the city and for visiting the most fascinating places in Southern Sardinia.
No, you don't. In fact, although there are large car parks a few meters from Ca 'del Sol.
We recommend you to visit Cagliari by foot as the main attractions of the historical downtown are within easy walking distance.
The public bus service is also one of the the best in Italy, and it's cheap too. A one-way ticket costs Eur 1.30. A ticket valid for 24 hours costs just Eur 3.30.
We have written, for you, a pdf downloadable post, about what to do and to see in Cagliari city.
- Plane: Cagliari-Elmas international airport is located at just 7km away from Ca 'del Sol and you can choose taxi or train to the city centre.
- Ferry: just 300m away is the main terminal for all the major shipping companies and cruise ships.
- Car: from all over Sardinia the free highway SS131 connects with the capital Cagliari.
You can use the booking system on our web site which provides a real-time availability calendar or, you can simply fill out this from or, to call or send us a message, also whatsapp, to +39 347 2724 407.
-> Please mind: - by booking directly with us you will always have the Best Price Guaranteed!
Up to 23:20 you can use the train that stops inside the airport which takes you to Cagliari Central station in just 10 minutes. From there it's just a 600m walking. After 11.20pm there is a reliable taxi service which will take you to Ca' del Sol for 20/25 Euros.
We have written, for you, an useful post about how to reach Cagliari downtown from the airport.
Yes, of course, we can arrange it for you. We rely on Taxi Cagliari, a company which gives you a special rate. We recommend you, to request this service at least 24 hours before your arrival.
Second floor, there is not lift, but Michele will be happy to help you with your luggage.
There is not reception, but we live in the house so, if you need any help feel free to call us.
No, there is not lift.
Usually we can give you keys at around 14.00, If you arrive before this time, you can drop off your luggage here, but not before 12.00.
In any case, the arrival time at Ca' del Sol should always be agreed beforehand.
By 10.00 on the day of departure.
If you let us know before, you can leave your luggage until 2p.m., If you need longer, there is a left luggage office right next to the train station and another inside the ticket office of the Sardinia bus company: A.R.S.T.
Often you can find a place in Viale Regina Margherita in front of Ca 'del Sol. In the port of Cagliari there are extensive areas for paid parking, we recommend stopping in front of the building door just to drop off your luggage and then, with our directions and the city map, easily search for car parking.
The spaces marked with blue stripes are subject to payment from 9.00 to 13.00 hours and from 16.00 to 20.00 at the cost of Eur 1.00 for the first hour, and at Eur 2.00 / hour after that.
If you prefer a secure car park, you will find the multi-storey car park in Viale Regina Elena, just 800 metres from Ca 'del Sol.
The cost is from Eur 1.60/hour up to a maximum of Eur 8 for 24 hours.
Towels, hairdryer and shower gel. You don't need to bring anything from home that isn't strictly personal.
It means it's a private bathroom for your exclusive use but you access it from the corridor using your key.
Poetto beach is only 4km away, it's an authentic jewel of fine white sand. There are many kiosks where you can rent umbrellas and sun chairs or simply enjoy a drink.
On the Ca 'del Sol blog you can get more informations on the most beautiful beaches of Southern Sardinia.
Yes, of course, we'll be happy to suggest our trusted partners addresses with whom we have been collaborating for many years.
Sorry, but we are not equipped to accommodate pets even small ones.
Sorry, but we cannot accommodate children under twelve years of age.
We respect the Italian government's health protocol:
- To wear your mask is always, advisable here.
- Before entering the common areas, wash your hands with the disinfectant solution.
- The social distancing should be respected in particular upon arrival at Ca 'del Sol: we can take a photo front & back of your document so, no touch needed!
- The rooms are cleaned with disinfectant solution containing 0.1% of hypochlorite and 70% of denatured alcohol and are sanitized with steam at 356°F so, 99.999% of viruses, germs, bacteria, fungi and spores are thus eliminated.
- Only six guests will be admitted at Ca' del Sol.
- Only three bedrooms available for guests.
Since april 2020, the breakfast service has been suspended.
A few steps out from Ca 'del Sol it is, however, possible to enjoy an excellent breakfast in the many pleasant cafes and bars.
Yes! By resolution of the City Council No. 60 of April 19th 2021, the Tourist Tax was established in the city of Cagliari and its regulation was approved.
The Cagliari tourist tax applies to non-residents in the municipality of Cagliari, for a maximum of 5 consecutive stays, at a rate of 1,50 euros per person per night.
You have to pay by cash euros this tax upon arrival. Thank you!
There are also the following exemptions:
- kids up to 12 years of age and seniors over 70;
- people who assist patients admitted to health centers in the area, including day hospitals, for a maximum of 2 companions per patient and also patients receiving hospital treatment as outpatients;
- personnel belonging to the police force, the national fire department and civil protection who, due to the exclusive needs of the service, and limited to the duration of the service, remain in the accommodation facilities of the municipality,
- the severely disabled, whose disability is certified
- employees of accommodation facilities who stay there for unique work needs.
No, there isn't. At Ca 'del Sol it is not allowed to use the kitchen, to prepare or eat food.
No, from April 1st 2022, the green pass is not more compulsory at Ca’ del Sol.
No, there is not any room for leave your bicycle or scooter, here.