The B&B is on the second floor of the historic Palazzo Zamberletti, in the ancient heart of Cagliari, the capital of Sardinia. The perfect location for discovering the city and for visiting the most fascinating places in Southern Sardinia.
No, you don’t. In fact, although there are large car parks a few metres from Ca ‘del Sol we recommend that you visit Cagliari on foot as the main attractions of the historical centre are within easy walking distance.
The public bus service is also among the best in Italy, and it’s cheap too.
A one-way ticket costs Eur 1.30. A ticket valid for 24 hours costs just Eur 3.30.
– Plane: Cagliari-Elmas international airport is located just 7km away from Ca ‘del Sol and you can choose taxi or train to the city centre.
– Ferry: just 300m away is the main terminal for all the major shipping companies and cruise ships.
– Car: from all over Sardinia the free highway SS131 connects with the capital Cagliari.
You can use the booking system on our web site which provides a real-time availability calendar or, you can simply send an email to ciao @ cadelsol.net, call or send us a message, also whatsapp, to +39 347 2724 407.
Remember – by booking directly with us you will always have the Best Price Guarantee! 😉
Up to 23:20 you can use the train that stops inside the airport and takes you to Cagliari Central station in just 10 minutes. From there it’s just a 600m walk. After 11.20pm there is a convenient taxi service which will take you to Ca’ del Sol for 20/25 Euros.
Yes, of course. We rely on Taxi Cagliari, a company which gives you a special rate. We recommend you request this service at least 24 hours before your arrival.
Second floor, there is no lift, but Michele will be happy to help you with your luggage 😉
There is no reception, but we live in the house so If you need any help feel free to call us.
No there is no lift.
Usually we can give you keys and room around 14.00, If you arrive before this time, you can drop off your luggage here, but not before 12.00. In any case, the arrival time at Ca ‘del Sol should always be agreed beforehand.
By 10.00 on the day of departure.
If you let us know before, you can leave your luggage until 2p.m., If you need longer, there is a left luggage office right next to the train station and another inside the ticket office of the Sardinia bus company: A.R.S.T.
Often you can find a place in Viale Regina Margherita in front of Ca ’del Sol. In the port of Cagliari there are extensive areas for paid parking, we recommend stopping in front of the building door just to drop off your luggage and then, with our directions and the city map, easily search for car parking.
The spaces marked with blue stripes are subject to payment from 9.00 to 13.00 hours and from 16.00 to 20.00 at the cost of Eur 1.00 for the first hour, and at Eur 2.00 / hour after that.
If you prefer a secure car park, you will find the multi-storey car park in Viale Regina Elena, just 800 metres from Ca ‘del Sol. The cost is from Eur 1.60 / hour up to a maximum of Eur 8 for 24 hours.
Towels, hairdryer and shower gel. You don’t need to bring anything from home that isn’t strictly personal.
It means it’s a private bathroom for your exclusive use but you access it from the corridor using your key.
Poetto beach is only 4km away, it’s an authentic jewel of fine white sand. There are many kiosks where you can rent umbrellas and sun chairs or simply enjoy a drink. On the Ca ’del Sol blog you can get more information on the most beautiful beaches in Southern Sardinia.
Can you advise me about tours, excursions, wine-tastings, boat trips or other trips in the surrounding area?
Yes, of course, and it will be a real pleasure to direct you to our trusted partners with whom we have been collaborating for many years.
Sorry, but we are not equipped to accommodate pets even small ones.
Sorry, but we cannot accommodate children under twelve years of age.
We respect the Italian government’s health protocol:
– You are obliged to wear the mask in the common areas.
– Before entering the common areas you will be obliged to wash your hands with the disinfectant solution.
– The social distancing must be respected in particular upon arrival at Ca ‘del Sol: you can take a photo front and back of the document
and send it us via email to complete the registration according to the national law.
– Breakfast will be served on a tray and not a buffet, it may have limitations on the choice of products, preferring the packaged ones.
– The rooms are cleaned with disinfectant solution containing 0.1% of hypochlorite and 70% of denatured alcohol and are sanitized with
steam at 356°F so, 99.999% of viruses, germs, bacteria, fungi and spores are thus eliminated.
– Only six people will be admitted at Ca’ del Sol.
– Only two bedrooms available for guests.
Domanda: What do you serve for breakfast:
Conforming with the anti-covid19 Italian government’s health protocol, we will serve you the breakfast on a tray and not a buffet, with packaged products, this will ensure the maximum possible safety by avoiding food handling.
Due to Covid-19 pandemic the breakfast service has been suspended, sorry!
Yes! By resolution of the City Council No. 60 of April 19th 2021, the Tourist Tax was established in the city of Cagliari and its regulation was approved. The Cagliari tourist tax applies to non-residents in the municipality of Cagliari, for a maximum of 5 consecutive stays, at a rate of 1,50 euros per person per night. You have to pay by cash euros this tax upon arrival. Thank you!
There are also the following exemptions:
– minors up to 12 years of age and seniors over 65;
– people who assist patients admitted to health centers in the area, including day hospitals, for a maximum of 2 companions per patient and also patients receiving hospital treatment as outpatients;
– personnel belonging to the police force, the national fire department and civil protection who, due to the exclusive needs of the service, and limited to the duration of the service, remain in the accommodation facilities of the municipality;
– the severely disabled, whose disability is certified
– employees of accommodation facilities who stay there for unique work needs.